Wedding Group Photographs
This is a typical list of group photographs that I shoot at weddings – normally immediately after the ceremony and before the wedding breakfast.
- All Group Shot
- Couple with family
- Couple with friends
- Couple with Best Man + Groomsmen, Maid of Honour + Bridesmaids, Page Boys u0026amp; Flower Girls, Parents of the Couple (as appropriate)
- Couple with Best Man + Groomsmen, Maid of Honour + Bridesmaids (as appropriate)
- Groom with Best Man + Groomsmen (as appropriate)
- Bride with Maid of Honour + Bridesmaids (as appropriate)
- Couple with Parents
- Couple with one set of Parents
- Couple with the other set of Parents
Each shot can take 2-3 minutes to set up so if you have 10 group shoots you should allow 20-30 minutes for this.
For this reason I tend to recommend this list or a similar number of shots as a maximum – i.e. 10 group shots.
In my experience, guests and the wedding party lose interest if they are kept away from the reception for more than 30 minutes. This comes through in the expressions on the photographs which defeats the purpose of marking the celebration in the way!