Frequently Asked Questions

A list of common questions and answers regarding my wedding photography.

Q: Do you travel?
A: Yes - I am based in the North East and am available to work anywhere in the UK.

Q: How do I confirm a booking?
A: £200 deposit by bank transfer will secure your date.

Q: How soon before the images can be viewed?
A: Typically around 14 days after the event but no more than 30 days.

Q: How long is ‘full day coverage’?
A: I typically start 2-2.5 hours before the ceremony and leave shortly after the first dance once the party has started. For a 2pm ceremony this means 11.30am to 8.30pm which is typically enough time to cover everything. If you are planning fireworks or other special entertainment late into the night I can cover that too although there is an extra charge.

Q: Do you provide an online gallery?
A: Yes - the images will be available to view on an online gallery which can be password protected if required.

Q: Do you provide a high resolution images?
A: Yes - The high resolution edited images are provided.

Q: Do you provide a USB?
A: Instead of a USB, I provide an online gallery which enables you to download the images. USB will be superceded by new technology (remember VHS video!) and are easily lost or damaged.

Q: Can I print the images?
A: Yes - Print release / copyright license is included for both standard and high resolution images.

Q: Do you sell prints and canvases?
A: Yes - you or your guests can buy prints and canvases through the online gallery for delivery directly to you.

Q: Do you do group shots?
A: Yes - group shots are an important record of any special event. Here's a list of my recommended wedding group shots.

Q: Do you charge for travel?
A: Travel expenses are included in the price of North East and Yorkshire weddings. Expenses will apply for other locations - details are included in the quote/contract.

Q: Do I have to provide a meal for you and your 2nd photographer?
A: No - You don’t have to provide a meal.

Q: Are you insured?
A: Yes - I have full insurance with Hiscox as a professional photographer which includes public liability up to £2M. Certificate here.

Q: Do you provide a contract?
A: Yes - I have a detailed online contract which is sent to you alongside my quote.

Q: Do you carry backup equipment?
A: Yes - I carry a minimum of 2 camera bodies with 2 memory card slots each as well multiple lenses and backup equipment on each assignment.

Q: What happens if you're ill and can't make it to our event?
A: I would be recommend one of many professional photographers I know who may be able to work at short notice and/or the 2nd photographer would step in (if booked).

Q: What happens if it rains on the day?
A: Rain and bad weather and an inevitable part of British weddings! However, getting great wedding photos is always possible - in fact it can help create an interesting backdrop for couple portraits. Group photos do not work well in the rain and I always have a ‘plan B’ for an indoor alternative just in case.

Q: Are you GDPR compliant?
A: Yes - I have my privacy policy listed on this website and clients have the choice on whether to opt-in or opt-out of newsletters, social media etc.

Q: Are you CRB/DBS checked?
A: No - a professional photographer is not required to have a CRB/DBS check to conduct their work. This position is confirmed by the Home Office and detailed here.

Q: Do you cover same sex weddings?
A: Yes - of course. More details here.

Q: Do you cover short notice weddings?
A: Yes - if I am available I am able to take on weddings at very short notice. More details here.