North East Wedding Photographer
As a North East Wedding Photographer I cover weddings at beautiful hotels and stunning wedding venues throughout the region.
I live in Eaglescliffe on the River Tees and love this part of the world. With the history and coastline of the North East there are some truly stunning places for couples to get married. We are spoiled for choice in many ways looking at the options available in Tyne & Wear, Northumbria, Durham or Cleveland.
My style as a wedding photographer
My style as a wedding photographer is bold and romantic and I take inspiration from classic cinematography and classical art in equal measure. I combine spontaneous, fun and candid shots with bride and groom portraits and group shots to capture all the unique moments and special memories from the day. I select each image and edit them individually to create a set of photographs which tell a story when viewed as a whole. I really like to make each couple feel relaxed and comfortable - regardless of whether you love the limelight or tend to steer clear of the camera normally. I always like to meet couples beforehand for a wedding consultation to discuss what you are looking to get from the day and your photography.
Wedding Photography Packages
I have put together a range of wedding photography packages from a digital only to an all inclusive package. I can also tailor packages to your individual needs. If you would like a signing frame, duplicate albums or a pre-wedding photoshoot then these can all be arranged for you. In addition, the images are produced in both colour and black and white so you have a choice about what you prefer. For some packages I have also added in the benefit of a video slideshow which includes highlight photographs from the day which can be downloaded and/or shared. I've put all the details together for these packages on the pricing page and there is a Q&A about my work as a whole on my wedding photography page.
Where is the best place to get married in the North East?
This is a question that is asked a lot as a North East Wedding Photographer. I can say that this area is a perfect backdrop for a wedding - even if the weather isn't always perfect. There are so many stunning hotels and venues in the countryside and along the coastline of the region. As a photographer, I don't recommend any one individual North East wedding venue but I would like to highlight some (in no particular order as there are many more!).
- Alnwick Castle is a truly breathtaking venue and a major highlight for anyone visiting the area. It's dramatic appearance has been the location for many films including Harry Potter. Described as one of the UK's most iconic castles it is hard to disagree with this.
- Healey Barn is a quirky, rustic wedding venue in Northumberland and winner of the "Best New Wedding Venue in the UK". Healey Barn is set in the beautiful Northumbria countryside near Riding Mill. You can read my blog of a Healey Barn Wedding here.
- Durham Castle is steeped in history and ideal for your fairytale wedding day. Located in the centre of the historic city of Durham and part of the University the castle itself features a stunning grand hall dating back to the 13th century.
- The Sage in Newcastle is a world class venue for music but is also available as a wedding venue. This distinctive building would be a really alternative place for a wedding alongside the river Tyne in the heart of Newcastle.
- Seaham Hall is a luxurious hotel and spa on the North East coast not far from Durham. The hotel can accommodate large wedding parties with plenty of rooms for guests to stay over in as well. The hotel is set in beautiful landscaped gardens with fountains.
Any of these locations is an ideal setting for an amazing North East wedding and setting for wedding photography. They are definitely worth taking a look if you are planning your wedding but don't have a venue yet.
Want to know more about my work as a North East Wedding Photographer?
For more details visit my wedding photography page.