Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I confirm a booking?
A: Payment of a 25% deposit by card or bank transfer will secure the booking date.

Q: Will I have the right to print or use the images on social media etc?
A: Yes - you are granted a perpetual copyright license for your personal use which includes print rights.

Q: Can I download the high resolution files?
A: Yes - you can download high resolution files and social media sized images from the online gallery.

Q: Do you provide a USB stick or DVD backup?
A: Yes - they available to purchase. My recommendation is to download your images from the online gallery and save them in a cloud service which is safer way to store your data.

Q: Can I buy prints?
A: Yes - you or your guests can buy prints through the online gallery for delivery directly to you.

Q: Can you provide a 2nd photographer?
A: Yes - I can provide a 2nd photographer at an extra cost which will capture more of the wedding from different angles.

Q: Do you work with an assistant?
A: Yes - sometimes. It depends on the wedding size and location on whether I choose to bring an assistant or not.

Q: Do you do group shots?
A: Yes - whilst most of my work is candid I also know that the posed group shots are an important record of the day. Here's a list of my recommended wedding group shots.

Q: Do you charge for travel?
A: Travel is included in the price of North East and Yorkshire weddings. Expenses will apply for other locations.

Q: Do I need to provide a meal for you at the wedding?
A: No - it's very kind but I always bring my own food. This saves you the expense and allows me to continue to work behind the scenes whilst your enjoy your meal.

Q: Are you insured?
A: Yes - I have full insurance with Hiscox as a professional photographer which includes public liability up to £2M. Certificate here.

Q: Do you provide a contract?
A: Yes - I have an online contract which is sent to you alongside my quote.

Q: Do you carry backup equipment?
A: Yes - I carry a minimum of 2 camera bodies with 2 memory card slots each as well as 4 or more lenses and backup equipment on each assignment.

Q: What happens if you're ill and can't make it to our wedding?
A: I would find a replacement photographer and know a large number of other professional photographers who are able to work at short notice.

Q: Are you GDPR compliant?
A: Yes - I have my privacy policy listed on this website and clients have the choice on whether to opt-in or opt-out of newsletters, social media etc.

Q: Are you CRB/DBS checked?
A: No - a professional photographer is not required to have a CRB/DBS check to conduct their work. This position is confirmed by the Home Office and detailed here.

Q: Are you a member of any professional associations?
A: Yes - I am a registered member of the Guild of Photographers.

Q: Do you cover same sex weddings?
A: Yes - of course. More details here.

Q: Do you cover short notice weddings?
A: Yes - if I am available I am able to take on weddings at very short notice. More details here.